We Call It Homeschooling

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I *Heart* Garage Sales

I've been finding the best stuff this summer.

I picked up a few more books today. One was free and the others were just $1.

I got:
Prentice Hall - Writer's Companion (High School)
My Fun With Learning - Great Stories From World Literature
My Fun With Learning - Real Life Heroes, America's Story
My Fun With Learning - Parents As Teachers

And... for myself, I found a huge "Herbal Remedies For Women" book.

And my biggest bargain of the day was a sound machine. It was only 25 cents. I figured even if it didn't work, it was only a quarter. But... I got it home, cleaned it up a little, put batteries in it and walaa... it worked!! Now I can fall asleep listening to the rain, a stream, the ocean, a heartbeat, or white noise.

I'm sure I'll end up turning it off and turning on my fan - but hey, only a quarter!