We Call It Homeschooling

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Long Time, No Post

Well, our co-op is over for this semester. We don't go back until February. I will be teaching World Geography to the 4th graders next semester. I'm looking forward to it. Another mom shared a great book for me to use, it's called "Pineapples, Penguins, and Pagodas: Traveling Around The World Through Literature, Research, and Thinking Skills" by Barbara Jinkins. Has anyone used this? If so, I'd love to hear what you think about it. It looks like it will be a great way to teach Geography.

We are really slacking at this point... it's too hard to get anything done right now and since I will be taking a week off work between Christmas and New Years, we'll get more schooling in during that week that we've been able to in the last couple. There's just too much going on right now. During my time off work, we have some fun things planned... a trip to Michigan to visit friends and family, a visit to the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art here in Indy, and hopefully we'll get to go sleding at some point. We'll start our curriculum again in January.

I probably won't be posting much else until the New Year, so until then, I wish you all Very Merry Christmas!!